Who is Eligible?
Associate Membership is open to those interested in the advancement of music education, but are otherwise “not primarily engaged” in music teaching.
Examples of those who would be considered eligible for this category include professional musicians, drill instructors, private teachers, administrators, employees of music industry firms, parents of music students, music booster volunteers, community advocates and non-music educators who believe in the importance of quality sequential music education for students.
Those whose income primarily comes from music teaching are not eligible for this category. In addition, federated state music education association affiliation is not included as part of this membership. Read on for more information, or click here to begin the application process.
How Do I Benefit?
- Access to the latest information on policy that affects music programs nationwide.
- Instructional tools to help you speak confidently with state and local officials about the lasting value of music education. And ways to connect directly with our nation’s leaders online.
- Access to highly effective advocacy campaigns and materials, such as the Music in our Schools Bus Tour, “Share Your Story” and “Broader Minded” campaigns, along with the latest tools available to help you share the importance of music education.
- Be recognized as an “official member” of NAfME and a supporter of music education.
- Connect with colleagues nationwide, and connect with local music educators who can make use of your talent / expertise.
- Be considered for NAfME national conference and webinar speaking opportunities.
- Learn about future professional teaching opportunities.
- Access to discounted registration for national professional development and advocacy training at all NAfME national workshops and conferences.
- Eligibility to submit session proposals for NAfME national conferences.
- Access to My Music Class, a members-only online idea center and lesson plan library
- A complimentary online subscription to Teaching Music, covering every topic in music education (subscriptions to other NAfME publications and hard copies are available for an additional fee).
- Discounts on life, health and dental insurance options, and other music education services.
- When you use the information that NAfME provides, you will be in sync as you work with full-time music educators. You will understand what’s important to them, making your collaborations that much more effective.
- You want sequential music instruction to be available to the next generation of musicians and music educators. Your involvement helps to ensure the promise of music education for all students.
Are there any restrictions?
- Benefits provided by your local state music education association are not included with Associate membership.
So, What Does it Cost?
Membership is $50.00 per year. Click here to apply now!