Who is Eligible?
Associate Membership is open to those interested in the advancement of music education, but are otherwise “not primarily engaged” in music teaching. Full-time music educators are not eligible for this category.
Examples of those who would be considered eligible for this category include part-time music educators, professional musicians, drill instructors, private teachers, community advocates and non-music educators who believe in the importance of quality sequential music education for students. State music education association affiliation is not included as part of this membership. Read on for more information, or click here to begin the application process.
How Do I Benefit?
- Access to the latest information on policy that affects music programs nationwide.
- Instructional tools to help you speak confidently with state and local officials about the lasting value of music education.
- Access to highly effective advocacy campaigns and materials such as the “Share Your Story” and “Broader Minded” campaigns, along with the latest tools available to help you share the importance of music education.
- Connect with colleagues nationwide, and connect with local music educators who can make use of your talent / expertise.
- Learn about future professional teaching opportunities.
- Be recognized as an “official member” of NAfME and provider of music education services (if applicable).
- Access to national professional development, workshops and conferences at discounted member rates.
- Eligibility to submit session proposals for national conferences.
- A 50% discount on the newly-launched NAfME / Music & Arts Medals professional development program, offering online training for private and studio teachers.
- Access to My Music Class, an online idea center and lesson plan library
- A complimentary online subscription to Teaching Music, covering every topic in music education (subscriptions to other NAfME publications and hard copies are available separately, for a separate fee).
- Discounts on life, health and dental insurance options, and other music education services.
- When you work with full-time music educators, you will be in sync on what’s important to them…making your collaborations that much more effective.
- You want sequential music instruction to be available to the next generation of musicians and music educators. Your involvement helps to ensure the promise of music education for all students.
Are there any restrictions?
- Note that access to benefits of your local state music education association is not included with Associate membership.
So, What Does it Cost?