An individual membership, open to persons engaged in music teaching or other music-related educational work.
How do I benefit?
- Advocacy resources available 24-7 to build community support for your music program
- Combined membership in NAfME and your local federated music education association.
- Subscriptions to Teaching Music magazine, Music Educators Journal, and state music education association journals.
- Exclusive access to student auditions and performance opportunities at the local, state, and national levels.
- Free online lesson plans, sheet music and audio tracks through My Music Class® and the Concert for Music In Our Schools Month®
- Members-only discounts for state and national conferences and NAfME publications
- Access to our affordable online professional development series, The Learning Network
- Copyright information center
- Composition contests for your students
- Special insurance rates available through Forrest T. Jones
Members benefit in so many ways. NAfME asked 2015 GRAMMY Music Educator finalists to share information about their music programs, what guides them as music educators and the role NAfME has played in their career development. Click on the names below for their illuminating answers.
So, what does it cost?
When you join NAfME, you also join your state music educators association. Search this list for your federated MEA association and the membership fee.
Is your spouse already a member? Join today at a reduced rate!
To learn more about the benefits of membership, take the Member Tour.