How to Activate Your Member Online Access to JRME
As one of your benefits of NAfME and Society for Research in Music Education (SRME) membership, you have access to the online version of the Journal of Research in Music Education (JRME), published by SAGE Publications. You also get the printed version of the journal four times per year. New subscribers and first-time users: Below are instructions for setting up your account to view JRME online. Current subscribers/members experiencing difficulty logging in should review all these steps, making sure you’ve taken steps 6-8, particularly: The most important first step to view JRME online is setting up a SAGE username and password. Without this step, you won’t be able to view JRME online. (Note: The SAGE user information you set up for JRME can’t be the same information you used for one of SAGE’s free access trials.) Once you set up your SAGE username for access to JRME, you’ll then only need your NAfME member number and e-mail to access JRME from the NAfME Web site. Read the instructions below, and if you have any questions or concerns, contact Caroline Arlington.
- Start at the NAfME Periodicals page.
- Scroll down to the Journal of Research in Music Education (after Music Educators Journal and Teaching Music) and click on “Search and view issues of Journal of Research in Music Education — Login required.” This will take you to the NAfME login page for JRME.
- Enter your NAfME member number and username (username is the e-mail NAfME has on file for you; your member number is nine digits). Enter all nine digits, including all preceding zeros. (If you forget your NAfME member number or the e-mail NAfME has on file for you, contact NAfME Member Services, 800-336-3768).
- You will then be directed to an intro JRME page; click on “view the current issue” link.
- This will take you to jrme.sagepub.com. On the blue banner at the top, click on the Subscribe tab. It will take you to the subscription page.
- Under “Activation (one-time only),” click on “Activate your editor/society member subscription,” which will take you to the activation page.You will see a prompt for: “Customer/Member number.” Here, enter your nine-digit NAfME member number, including the zeros. Do not cut and paste your member info into the SAGE site—you must type the numbers in. (If you’re not sure of your member number, check with NAfME Member Services, 800-336-3768.)
- After you enter your NAfME member number, select “The National Association for Music Education” from the pull-down Society menu. Click “Submit,” and then follow the simple instructions.
- On the “Instructions” page, check your personal data on file with SAGE at that page, then enter a username and password you’ll remember (this is your “SAGE” username and password), and click “Submit” to confirm the activation. Do not click the “Journal Title” link until the confirmation process is completed.
- Once you’ve completed the activation process, you can return to the journal homepage. To access the current issue, select the journal cover or click on “Current Issue.” Archived back copies are also available for viewing.