2016 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
November 10-13, 2016
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience.
The ensembles will meet at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
“This experience that you’ve given me will keep music in my heart and on my mind for the rest of my life. Thank you.” – Matthew P., 2015 All-National Honor Ensemble Student.
Video by Sean McNally
2016 All-National Honor Ensembles Conductors
- Dr. Paula Crider, Professor Emerita, The University of Texas. Read more
- Dr. William LaRue Jones, Director of Orchestral Studies at the University of Iowa. Read more
- Dr. Anton Armstrong, Tosdal Professor of Music at St. Olaf College. Read more
- Todd Stoll, Vice-President of Education for Jazz at Lincoln Center. Read more
- Chris Crenshaw, Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, Trombonist, Guest Conductor and Soloist
2016 All-National Honor Ensembles
- 2016 All-National Honor Mixed Choir
- 2016 All-National Honor Concert Band
- 2016 All-National Honor Symphony Orchestra
- 2016 All-National Honor Jazz Ensemble
Are You a Parent Interested In Attending This Year’s Event?
Check out our Parent Track!
- Learn how to help your student succeed in a music driven curriculum, what to do now- before college
- Music career options-think outside the box
- Advocacy- Grass roots advocacy
- All sessions presented by leaders in the field of music and music education
- Explore our exhibit hall- unrestricted
- Enjoy continental breakfast Friday and Saturday and happy hour on Thursday!
- Attend inspirational MusicEd talks!
- Experience world class entertainment!
- 2016 Repertoire
- 2016 Flyer
- 2016 FAQ
- 2016 Information Page
- 2017 Application Deadline: May 12, 2017
- 2017 Audition Information and Instructions
- Find information on past NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
- Email: HonorEnsembles@nafme.org