NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
2015 All-National Honor Ensembles Photo Order Form
2015 All-National Honor Ensembles CD DVD Order Form
High School Nation is coming to the All-National Honor Ensembles, Sunday October 25, 2015!
You do not want to miss this exciting and unforgettable interactive celebration!
High School Nation Sunday, October 25, 2015, 1:00PM- 5:00PM
Traveling with your musical instrument? Check out this link!!
The 2015 All-National Honor Ensembles performance will take place on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 beginning at 9:00 AM at the historic Grand Ole Opry House. Ticket price is $25 and may be purchased here.
2015 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
Applications are closed. Students will be notified in late June.
The event will take place at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Conference Center from October 25 – 28, 2015.
- The final performance will be on Wednesday, October 28th at the Grand Ole Opry House beginning at 9:00 a.m..
- Students should plan to arrive on Sunday, October 25, 2015 between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
- Students should plan to depart on Wednesday, October 28, 2015, after 3:00p.m.
- Students are encouraged to travel with a chaperone or parent; parents may escort students but will not be eligible to serve as group chaperones.
- The cost of participation per student is $650 for quad housing and $850 for double housing. Quad housing means 4 students to a room with 2 beds. Double housing means 2 students to a room with 2 beds. Registration fee includes transportation to/from the airport, to/from rehearsals, meals and special events.
All applications are submitted online through GetAcceptd.com. We use GetAcceptd as our application portal because, not only can the student upload their audition materials for All-National Honor Ensembles, it also offers them the ability to use this same profile to directly apply to college music programs. In addition, GetAcceptd has a “get discovered” feature where the student can ‘opt-in’ to allow colleges to view their profiles and possibly recruit them.
All applications must be completed by midnight pacific time on May 8, 2015.
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. In October of 2015, the ensembles will perform in Nashville, Tennessee under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
Only students which meet the requirements below are eligible to apply for the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles. Please be sure to read the requirements carefully, as they have changed from previous years.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 during the 2015-2016 school year;
- Attend schools in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their states 2014-2015 All-State Festival. If there isn’t an All-State festival held during the 2014-2015 academic year the 2014-2015 Division festival will be acceptable. If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Receive endorsement from his or her ensemble director. (*ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME).
The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensemble program is made by the student’s state music education association (MEA). Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation. Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor program.
This must be a VIDEO audition
Video format: MPEG, MPG, MP4,OGG,MOV,AVI,WMV,M4V, VOB, FLV.
Students should prepare 2 minutes of the piece they used for their all-state audition.
If your state does not publish an approved repertoire list OR if your state does not have an All-State program, please choose a selection from standard solo repertoire that would be appropriate for high school festival or a college audition with guidance from your ensemble director.
The application also permits you to upload a second video of up to two minutes. This can be music of your choosing. It is not required.
After you have submitted your application, you will not be able to access it again. Be sure you have submitted the correct information. Following your submission, your application will be sent to your ensemble director so that he/she can provide a recommendation and other personal information.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.