All-National Honor Ensembles
2015 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
The AUDITION SITE IS OPEN! All applications must be completed by midnight eastern time on May 8, 2015.
The event will take place at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Conference Center from October 25 – 28, 2015. The final performance venue has not been selected.
• Students should plan to arrive on Sunday, October 25, 2015 between 2:00pm and 7:00pm.
• Students should plan to depart on Wednesday, October 28, 2015.
• The concert is scheduled for Wednesday, October 28.
• The cost of participation per student is $650 for quad housing and $850 for double housing. Quad housing means 4 students to a room with 2 beds. Double housing means 2 students to a room with 2 beds. Registration fee includes transportation to/from the airport, to/from rehearsals, meals and special events.
• Students are encouraged to travel with a chaperone or parent; parents may escort students but will not be eligible to serve as group chaperones.
All applications MUST be completed online at https://app.getacceptd.com/nafmeensembles.
All applications must be completed by midnight Pacific time on May 8, 2015.
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. In October of 2015, the ensembles will perform in Nashville, Tennessee under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
Only students which meet the requirements below are eligible to apply for the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles. Please be sure to read the requirements carefully, as they have changed from previous years.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 during the 2015-2016 school year;
- Attend schools in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense School in Europe or International.
- Students must be accepted to their states 2014-2015 All-State Festival. If no All-State festival is held during the 2014-2015 academic year the following festivals are acceptable: 2014-2015 Division festival. If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Receive endorsement from his or her ensemble director. (*ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME).
(Disclaimer: All final eligibility decisions will be made by the state music educators association.)
Students must prepare 2 minutes of the piece they used for their all-state audition, OR 2 minutes of any piece of music on their state’s approved all-state audition repertoire list. This must be a VIDEO audition. If your state does not publish an approved repertoire list, please choose a selection from standard solo repertoire that would be appropriate for high school festival or a college audition with guidance from your ensemble director.
After you have submitted your application, you will not be able to access it again. Be sure you have submitted the correct information. Following your submission, your application will be sent to your ensemble director so that he/she can provide a recommendation and other personal information.
You will be contacted by NAfME staff in July 2015 regarding an admission decision for each ensemble.
If you have any questions, please contact send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.