Please check back soon for updated information regarding 2016 Ensemble Conductors and applications!
2016 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
The event will take place at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, in Grapevine Texas from November 10 –13, 2016.
All applications are submitted online through GetAcceptd.com. A benefit of using GetAcceptd is the ability for students to complete a profile and upload media that may also be used for college music program applications. In addition, GetAcceptd has a “get discovered” feature where the student can ‘opt-in’ to allow colleges to view their profiles and possibly recruit them.
All applications must be completed by May 11, 2016, midnight pacific time.
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. In November of 2016, the ensembles will perform in Grapevine, Texas under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
Only students who meet the requirements below are eligible to apply for the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles. Please be sure to read the requirements carefully, as they have changed from previous years.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 during the 2016-2017 school year;
- Attend schools in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their states 2015-2016 All-State Festival. If there isn’t an All-State festival held during the 2015-2016 academic year the 2015-2016 Division festival will be acceptable. If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Receive endorsement from his or her ensemble director. (*ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME).
The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensemble program is made by the student’s state music education association (MEA). Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation. Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor program.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org