2016 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
November 10-13, 2016 – Grapevine, Texas
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience. The ensembles will meet at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
“This experience that you’ve given me will keep music in my heart and on my mind for the rest of my life. Thank you.” – Matthew P., 2015 All-National Honor Ensemble Student.
Video by Sean McNally
- Chris Crenshaw– Jazz at Lincoln Center Trombonist, announced as guest conductor and soloist for the All-National Honor Jazz Ensemble
- Parent Program- Check back often for updated information!
- Learn how to help your student succeed in a music driven curriculum, what to do now- before college
- Music career options-think outside the box
- Advocacy- Grass roots advocacy
- All sessions presented by leaders in the field of music and music education
- Explore our exhibit hall- unrestricted
- Enjoy continental breakfast Friday and Saturday and happy hour on Thursday!
- Attend inspirational MusicEd talks!
- Experience world class entertainment!
We are honored to present our 2016 All-National Honor Ensembles Conductors:
Concert Band: Dr. Paula Crider, Professor Emerita, The University of Texas. Read more.
Symphony Orchestra: Dr. William LaRue Jones, Director of Orchestral Studies at the University of Iowa. Read more.
Mixed Choir: Dr. Anton Armstrong, Tosdal Professor of Music at St. Olaf College. Read more
Jazz Ensemble: Todd Stoll, Vice-President of Education for Jazz at Lincoln Center. Read more. Chris Crenshaw, Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, Trombonist
All applications are submitted online through GetAcceptd.com. Please log on to your existing account or create a new one. After you have submitted your application, you will not be able to access it again. Be sure you have submitted the correct information. Following your submission, your application will be sent to your ensemble director so that he/she can provide a recommendation and other personal information.
Only students who meet the requirements below are eligible to apply for the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles. Please be sure to read the requirements carefully, as they have changed from previous years.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 during the 2016-2017 school year;
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their state’s 2015-2016 All-State Festival. If there isn’t an All-State festival held during the 2015-2016 academic year the 2015-2016 Division festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division). If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble for the 2016-2017 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Receive endorsement from his or her ensemble director. (*ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME).
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles program is made by the student’s state music education association(MEA). Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation. Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
Application Guidelines- New This Year
You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the required repertoire for your instrument or voice part. Please find repertoire requirements below. There is the option of uploading an additional 2 minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. The second video is not required.
This must be a VIDEO audition. Video format may be one of the following: MP4, M4V, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, MPG, MPEG, M2V, MKV, WEBM
Audition Repertoire Requirements:
Please click on your ensemble for the required repertoire. All audition music is found in the public domain.
Click for 2016 All-National Honor Ensembles Flyer
Questions? Contact: email@example.com