2017 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
November 26-29, 2017
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Walt Disney World
Join us this year as we add magic to the All-National Honor Ensembles! The 2017 ANHE program will kick off on Sunday, November 26, 2017 with a special event at the Epcot Theme Park.
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience.
The ensembles will meet at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
2017 All-National Honor Ensembles Conductors
T. André Feagin, Assistant Professor of Music, Coastal Carolina University
Dr. Margery Deutsch, Professor Emeritus University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Dr. Z. Randall Stroope, Professor of Music and Director of Choral/Vocal Studies at Oklahoma State University.
- Todd Stoll, Vice-President of Education for Jazz at Lincoln Center.
Special Guest Artist Coming Soon!
How to Apply
- Click here to start an application.
- Click here for your Audition Repertoire. All music is found in the public domain.
- The deadline for applications is May 12, 2017, 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Have questions? Read our 2017 ANHE FAQ.
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11 during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their state’s 2016-2017 All-State Festival.
- If there isn’t an All-State festival held during the 2016-2017 academic year the 2016-2017 Division festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble during the 2016-2017 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made. And be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble during the 2017-2018 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which you are accepted and will perform.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles program is made by the student’s state music education association (MEA).
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
This must be a VIDEO audition.
You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the required repertoire for your instrument or voice part. Please find repertoire requirements below.
There is the option of uploading an additional 2 minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. The second video is not required.
Wind and Brass Instruments are automatically considered for Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
2017 ANHE Program Cost:
The cost of the 2017 ANHE program is $850. This includes housing for 3 nights (2 students/room), meals, transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) via Disney’s Magical Express, sheet music, AND a 3-day Park Hopper Pass.
- Read our 2017 ANHE FAQ
- Download the 2017 ANHE Flyer for Students
- Download the 2017 ANHE Flyer for Directors
- 2016 ANHE Photo Order Form
- 2016 ANHE Concert CD/DVD Order Form
- Find information on past NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
- Purchase CDs, DVDs, and Mp3s of past ANHE performances
- Watch past performances