All-National Honor Ensembles
2014 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
The event will take place at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Conference Center from October 26 – 29, 2014. The final performance will be at the historic Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, TN.
• Students should plan to arrive on Sunday, October 26, 2014 between 2:00pm and 7:00pm.
• Students should plan to depart on Wednesday, October 29, 2014. If traveling by air, please schedule flight after 3:00pm to allow time to travel to the airport.
• The concert is scheduled for Wednesday, October 29 at 10:00am.
• The first ensemble meeting and music run through will be at 7:30pm on Sunday, October 26 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort.
• All students will be housed with other honor ensemble students in either quads (4 to a room) or doubles (2 to a room).
• The cost of participation per student is $650 for quad housing and $850 for double housing. This includes transportation to/from the airport, to/from rehearsals, meals and special events.
• Students are encouraged to travel with a chaperone or parent; parents may escort students but will not be eligible to serve as group chaperones.
For the quickest response, please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information will be sent to students within the next two weeks.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased through the Opry House Ticket office ((https://www.getgaylordtickets.com/Opry/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=019EC741-13CA-40B5-9D4C-6912D91C65A7). Tickets can be printed at home or picked up at the box office in Nashville.
Students will be housed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Conference Center. Their housing, meals and activities are covered in the student fee. Students will be assigned room mates and will not be able to stay with parents.
Parents, family members who wish to come to Nashville can make reservations here using the discounted group rate for NAfME is $185, click below to reserve a room. https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=24316223
ANNOUNCING THE 2014 CONDUCTORS!
Concert Band: Mark Camphouse, Professor of Music, Conductor, Wind Symphony, George Mason University
Symphony Orchestra: Gerard Schwarz, Music Director, All-Star Orchestra, Music Director, Eastern Music Festival Conductor Laureate, Seattle Symphony
Mixed Choir: Edith Copley, Regents’ Professor, Director of Choral Studies, Northern Arizona University
Jazz: Robert Baca, Professor of Music, Director of Jazz Studies, University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire
Ensembles will perform at the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday, October 29, 2014
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Dates: October 26 – October 29, 2014
Students will arrive on Sunday and leave on Wednesday afternoon after their performance
Venue: Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, TN
Price: The cost for students is $650 is for quad housing at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, and includes meals from Monday morning through Wednesday morning, transportation to and from the airport, and other activities. Students are responsible for expenses related to travel to and from Nashville. Students who desire a double room will pay $850.
Chaperones: NAfME strongly encourages teachers of selected students to accompany students to Nashville as a chaperone. If more than one student is selected from a school, one teacher may accompany all students as a chaperone. More information will be available after students are selected. Parents are welcome to escort their students to and from Nashville, but may not serve as group chaperones.
PRESS & NEWS INFORMATION 2014
Files available for download include:
- News Release about the 2014 All-National Honors Ensembles
- Student Template News Release – for use within local media
2013 All-National Honor Ensembles
Order your concert CDs and DVDs from Soundwaves. https://www.soundwaves.org/shoppingcart/search.php?search_query=nafme&x=0&y=0
or use this form: NAfME 2013 National Honors CD DVD Order Form
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org