Please check back regularly for updated FAQs
- When is the 2017 All-National Honor Ensembles?
- Where will the 2017 All-National Honor Ensembles take place?
- Which piece do I play for my audition?
- When is the deadline to apply?
- How do I apply?
- May I be considered for both ANHE band and orchestra?
- Am I allowed to apply more than once using a different instrument?
- I would like to apply, but my director is not a member of NAfME. May I still apply?
- Does my parent, guardian, or director need to attend with me?
- What are the fees associated with the 2017 ANHE Program?
- What does the $850 fee include?
- Is the fee refundable?
Tentative Schedule for 2017 ANHE
Free Time in the Park
- If I attend, will I be able to spend time with my family?
- If I would like to spend time with my family what do I need to do?
- The fee includes a 3-day Park-Hopper Pass, will I have the opportunity to utilize it and would I be able to add a day to it if needed?
- Will my family be able to purchase a discounted Park Pass?
- Will my parent, guardian, or director be able to secure accommodations at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort or will they have to stay elsewhere?
Deadlines and Important Dates
Who is eligible to apply? All Applicants Must:
• Be in grade 9, 10 or 11 during the 2016-2017 school year.
• Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia or a DOD school.
• Students must be accepted to their state’s 2016-2017 All-State Festival. If no All- State Festival is held during the 2016-2017 academic year, the 2016-2017 Division Festival will be acceptable. If your state MEA does not sponsor an All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
• Be a member of his/her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble for the 2017-2018 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which the application is made.
• The applicant’s director must be a NAfME Member.
• The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensemble program is made by the student’s state music education association (MEA). Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation. Students who fail to comply with the individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensemble program.
Which piece do I play for my audition?
Click HERE for your audition repertoire. You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the required repertoire. There is the option of uploading an additional 2 minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. The second video is NOT required.
How do I apply?
Please log in HERE to begin your application. This year we are using Submittable.com for our application process.
If you experience technical difficulties while uploading your video please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call: 855-467-8264 ext. 2.
I would like to apply, but my director is not a member of NAfME. May I still apply?
Your director must be a member of NAfME for you to apply. Please direct all questions regarding membership to email@example.com.
What does the $850 fee include?
• 3 night’s accommodations at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights. (November 26-28, 2017). ALL rooms are double occupancy. 2 students, 2 beds.
• Meals: Sunday- Dinner, Monday- Breakfast and Lunch- Monday Dinner is on your own in the Park, Tuesday- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Wednesday- Breakfast.
• Transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) via Disney’s Magical Express.
• All music and activities.
• 3-day Park Hopper Pass.
If I attend, will I be able to spend time with my family?
You will have opportunities to spend time with your family and friends in the park. Your family will have the option of purchasing dinner Tuesday evening which allows them to attend dinner and an award presentation evening with you.
The fee includes a 3-day Park-Hopper Pass, will I have the opportunity to utilize it and would I be able to add a day to it if needed?
Yes, you will definitely have an opportunity to utilize the pass. You will be able to modify the Pass to take advantage of vacation time you may want to spend with family.
Will my parent, guardian, or director be able to secure accommodations at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort or will they have to stay elsewhere?
We will have room rates available especially for them at the resort. Check back for room cost and availability.
Am I required to bring my own instrument? What do I do if my instrument is too large to transport?
You are required to supply your own instrument- this includes renting one if you are unable to transport yours. NAfME will supply larger percussion instruments.