What is Tri-M?
The Tri-M Music Honor Society® is a program of NAfME which focuses on creating future leaders in music education and music advocacy. Tri-M® is the only national honor society for student musicians in grades 6-12. There are more than 1,800 chapters across all 50 states, involving more than 75,000 students.
Each year, these students contribute more than 750,000 service hours to their schools and local communities, and raise nearly $1 million for causes they care about. NAfME awards more than $4,500 in scholarships each year to chapters that demonstrate exceptional service and leadership.
Start a chapter today and start building your students’ leadership abilities. Think you’re too busy? We can show you how to empower your students to take charge of your chapter, and make a difference.
Start a Chapter in 3 Easy Steps:
Step 1: Prepare to Apply
There are a few things to consider before applying for a Tri-M chapter.
- Review the Tri-M Learning Guide and FAQ page. See page 4 of the Tri-M Quick Start Guide to see if your school is eligible to charter a chapter.
- Share the Tri-M Justification Toolkit with your Principal or administrator
- Select a chapter advisor
Step 2: Complete a New Chapter Activation Form
- Mail in your completed activation form and annual $100 fee
Step 3: Get Ready to Begin Your Chapter
- The National Tri-M office will mail you an official chapter certificate and welcome materials once your application has been approved and processed.
- Search our resources page for everything you need to get your chapter started!
Learn more about the Tri-M Music Honor Society: