CURRENT ACTION ALERTS:
- 5 Ways to Support Your Music Program
- Learn the “beyond the bubbles” arguments in favor of music education.
- Top 10 Reasons Music Education Advocates Should Join NAfME
Grassroots Advocacy Resources
- Broader MindedTM Brochure and Other Resources
- Connecting with Legislators
- Key Federal Education Members
- Public Relations 101
- Quick review of How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Concert Program Advocacy Inserts for Teachers:
- Broader MindedTM color and black/white
- Spanish Language inserts in color and black/white
- Music In Our Schools Month® version also available
In school districts nationwide, music education programs are being reduced or eliminated altogether.
At the same time, we know that music education programs in schools offer a multitude of invaluable benefits for students ranging from collaboration and communication skills, creativity, self-expression, and leadership to improved academic outcomes.
Teaching music in classrooms is essential if we want to truly offer a world-class education to our students.
NAfME advocates at the national, state, and local levels to educate elected officials and other decision makers about the impact and importance of music education programs.
By working together, we are changing the national conversation about music’s role in delivering an outstanding education to all students.
We need your help to ensure access to music education for all students.
- Visit your advocacy learning community
- Get resources to help you advocate for music
- Read NAfME’s Position Statements
- Contact your State MEA team
- Contact your NAfME Advocacy team
- Check out the Music Education Policy Roundtable