CURRENT ACTION ALERTS:
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Thunderclap campaign! Please send a letter and/or call your legislator today!
- Join the broader minded campaign to urge Congress to ensure support for music education in the the ESEA reauthorization.
- Winter 2015 ALERT: Learn how NAfME is standing up for teachers on Capitol Hill during the ESEA debates, and ADD YOUR VOICE by sending your representative and senators a letter!
In school districts nationwide, music education programs are being reduced or eliminated altogether.
At the same time, we know that music education programs in schools offer a multitude of invaluable benefits for students ranging from collaboration and communication skills, creativity, self-expression, and leadership to improved academic outcomes.
Teaching music in classrooms is essential if we want to truly offer a world-class education to our students.
NAfME advocates at the national, state, and local levels to educate elected officials and other decision makers about the impact and importance of music education programs.
By working together, we are changing the national conversation about music’s role in delivering an outstanding education to all students.
We need your help to ensure access to music education for all students.
- Visit your advocacy learning community
- Get resources to help you advocate for music
- Public Relations 101
- Read NAfME’s Position Statements
- Contact your State MEA team
- Contact your NAfME Advocacy team
- Check out the Music Education Policy Roundtable